- Who We Are
- First Time
- Prices & Discounts
Our learn to skydive program has been developed as a result of 40 years of in-house experience and is in accordance with The United States Parachute Association (USPA) Accelerated Freefall Program. It is the most comprehensive, modern, and safe method of skydiving training in the world today. It will take you from the ground up, all the way through your skydiving license in as little as 25 jumps (tandem included). The program at WSC provides a continuity of instruction which is rare among skydiving schools in the USA. We start with three Solo skydives (after your initial Tandem Skydive), which will introduce you to flying your own parachute and learning parachute landing patterns. Once you are comfortable with your parachute flying skills, you will commence freefall skydives from and altitude of 12,500′.
The word “accelerated” refers to the pace of student progression and is the most effective training method to become a licensed skydiver. Those who get certified through the AFF program are statistically 40% more skilled than skydivers who get certified through any other program. This program is demanding and intensive but it’s the heart of the skydiving experience. Being able to skydive by yourself, is one of the greatest accomplishments ever!
Our AFF program begins with a 6 hour ground school where you will learn how to operate your parachute, exit the aircraft, maintain stability and awareness in freefall, deploy your parachute, and fly your parachute to a safe landing. In addition, you will be trained on how to respond to and deal with any potential emergency.
Once the ground school training has been completed, it’s time for the fun part… skydiving solo! You will step out of the airplane at 12,500 ft. and freefall for one minute at 120 mph. During freefall, you will be doing altitude checks, body position checks and practice ripcord pulls. It will be the longest yet fastest minute of your life! You will open your parachute at 5,000 ft. and fly your parachute for 5 minutes. Your instructor will provide radio backup to assist you with maneuvering and landing your parachute. This is the first in a series of jumps towards earning your United States Parachute Association A- License.
Everything that you need to make a safe and exciting skydive is included in the price for your first AFF skydive. There are no hidden fees or extra add-ons.
• Six hours of comprehensive training
• Two professional Freefall Instructors (USPA Certified) to guide you
• Your personal state of the art parachute system
• Dual square ram air parachutes (main and reserve) for accurate steering and a soft landing
• A parachute system equipped with an Automatic Parachute Deployment device
• Jumpsuit, altimeter, helmet, radios
• Airplane flight up to 12,500′
• One minute of freefall accompanied by two instructors
• Five minute parachute flight
• Backup radio assistance for safer parachute control and landing
• Minimum 18 years of age.
• Maximum weight of 200 lbs.
• A tandem skydive is required prior to joining the Learn to Skydive Program.