- Who We Are
- First Time
- Prices & Discounts
Our community is made of personalities big on adventure and enjoying free time as much as anyone! It dawned on us… when it comes to adventure and things to do in Wisconsin, few are more qualified to share the best places to go than our staff and community of skydivers. So we present to you… The Top 10 Adventures in Wisconsin!!!
1. Wisconsin Skydiving Center – Is it wrong that we’re number one on our own adventure list? Indeed, we’re biased, but is there an adventure more exciting than jumping from an airplane at 11,000 feet while descending at speeds of 120mph with the happiest people you’ll ever meet in Wisconsin? We don’t think so… 🙂
2. Living Adventure Kayaking – The Apostle Islands pop up more than once on this list and there’s a reason for it – the place is spectacular! See this amazing place via kayak. The folks at Living Advneture have a great rep and they’ll take great care of you!
3. Camping at Rock Island – Camping on a small island accessible only by ferry… this has adventure written all over it and the WSC staff give it two thumbs up for its remoteness and beauty (and rumored snake pits…)
4. The Apostle Islands National Lakeshore – if you love being outdoors and are looking for spectacular views and great hiking then you’ve come to hallowed ground! Check it out: 50 miles of maintained trails on 12 islands of the National Lakeshore. These trails provide access to lighthouses, abandoned quarries, old farm sites, historic logging camps, beaches, campsites, and scenic overlooks. Can you ask for anything more… seriously?
5. Ice Caves at Devil’s Island Formation – Two words are all you need to know about this adventure site: 1. ICE. 2. CAVES. How awesome is that? Also located at the Apostle Islands. See a theme here?
6. Lake Geneva Canopy Tours – Our staff named Lake Geneva several times! Not only are the zip lines at Lake Geneva awesome, but the culture of the staff and level of professionalism is better than most! Check these guys out… you’ll have no regrets!
7. Apex Adventure Alliance – These guys are the real deal and come highly recommended! Learn to rock climb in the amazing Devil’s Lake State Park. #SPECTACULAR Looking for more? Apex also offers anchors courses, trad lessons, outbound trips, and now, BOULDERING!!
8. Mountain biking the John Muir trails in the Kettle Morraine Forest – another beautiful spot… seriously, why would anyone want to leave Wisconsin? This is an adventure lovers dream!!!
9. Rental Bikes at Backyard Bikes/La Grange General Store – Rent bikes for the John Muir trails or any of your other bike needs. This is your one stop shop for adventure! Into mountain biking.. they got it! Road biking.. got it. Skiiing and hiking? Got it, got it. BOOM!
10. Bear Paw Outdoor Adventure Resort – Wanna learn to kayak and camp at a beautiful place… welcome to Bear Paw!!! This place has got great service and a great place to perfect your Eskimo Roll! Woop!